Tuesday 15 October 2013

Six Word Memoir De-brief

What did I learn about storytelling?

During this assignment I’ve realized that not all stories needed to be long written novels.  Not just the six words in our six word memoirs helped tell the story, but also the pictures. You hear the expression all the time “a picture says 1000 words” in this case they do. Along with the six words we’ve wrote, the picture as well as the punctuation helps tell the story.  You don’t need a novel to tell a story. By choosing the right combination of six words and picture, you are able to tell a complex story.

Where did I show my knowledge about using storytelling skills?

I showed my knowledge about using storytelling skills by using descriptive words throughout my six word memoirs. If you are wanting to tell a story in six words you need to be straight to the point by using words that a descriptive. I was able to use punctuation to help get my point across more effectively.  I also used visuals to help tell the story. But choosing pictures that help elaborate on the story I was able to make what I was talking about more clearly to the reader.

What did I learn as a reader, storyteller, and thinker?


I never realized how six words and a picture could open up a whole new thinking experience for you. As I read through my fellow classmates work I began to think what their stories were about. This assignment really made you think of all the possible ways you can say the same thing. I know when I was creating my six word memoir I would have to carefully chose the words I was going to use making sure the sentence was not over six words.  I’ve learned from this assignment that there is hundreds of ways you can tell a story you just need to be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment